Friday, October 3, 2014

The Future....& the Past

Today, as I sit here, I realize that with the arrival of my newest and youngest son Gabriel, that my life has been a giant roller coaster ride: both ups and downs. I imagined having three or four kids when I was younger (in my 20's), but a I got older, I never imagined having more than Catherine and Michael. So when Jocelyn entered the picture, I was truly surprised and considered myself blessed to say the least. Now there is Gabriel, bringing the grand total to 4!




This leads me back to the Scripture,

                                 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
                                 Nor are your ways My ways" says the Lord.
                                 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
                                 So are My ways higher than your ways,
                                 And My thoughts than your thoughts."
                                                                          Isaiah 55:8-9

                                  "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart,
                                   And lean not on your own understanding;
                                   In all of your ways acknowledge Him,
                                   And He shall direct your paths."
                                                                           Proverbs 3:5-6

In the end, mankind's plans for life are just that: plans. How the symphony of music of this life plays out is up to the ultimate conductor; namely God. Thru His wisdom we have our family and friends during the journey, but it is our faith that keeps us dancing to the music.
                                                                                                                          Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment